Reducing the number of people in receipt of double handed care packages result in costs reductions of at least 30-40% for Local Authorities and in better outcomes for service users and their families – including not waiting for a second carer, having better quality interactions with their carers.
- Coordinate liaison with Care Agencies and the client to arrange initial visit
- Undertake initial Moving and Handling assessment visit with carers/ family
- Organise the delivery of specialist equipment to support the reduction of care package
- Liaise with Care Agencies and the client to arrange any identified training needs as a result of assessment or new techniques / equipment
- Initiate change of care plan and care package
- Provide moving and handling care plan and review case
We reviewed over 100 double handed care packages on behalf of Buckinghamshire County Council using highly experienced and qualified OT’s in a flexible way – meeting carers early in the morning or late at night when needed. This resulted in the reduction of care package in over 40% of cases.