High quality, best value equipment
By combining our spend, we effectively leverage our supply chain, enabling us to provide the highest quality equipment at the best possible price at the point of need.
Bespoke equipment catalogue
We work closely with our commissioners to develop a bespoke equipment catalogue of highly recyclable products, based on whole life costing data. Using our experience in recycling products, we measure the initial purchase price against servicing, maintenance and recycling data. By doing so, we develop a catalogue of high quality products that meet clinical and functional need, with long life spans and high recyclability. This lowers costs to commissioners throughout the contract.
We also have a wide range of NRS branded products which are designed by our in-house product development team. This team designs products with improved specifications and recyclability in collaboration with our in-house clinical team, commissioners, and prescribers. This allows us to provide products with lower whole life costs without compromising on quality or clinical functionality.
Ongoing equipment reviews
We provide the best equipment suppliers have to offer by:
- Facilitating equipment reviews on each of our contracts
- Sharing best practice across our contracts
- Scanning the market for innovation, changes and trends
- Work with academic and industry bodies to research improved equipment and practices
- Using input from our in-house clinical team to ensure all equipment reviews and changes are clinically led.
Working with commissioners we reduce special equipment spend through:
- Regular reviews to identify and address trends. For example, by moving frequently ordered specials on to the core equipment catalogue
- Identifying whether service users’ needs can be met with a more cost-effective solution. For example, a recycled special already in stock
- Working with commissioners across our contract portfolio to share recycled specials and reduce the need to purchase new equipment
- Providing training, education and guidance to prescribers
- Improving prescribers’ access and visibility of recycled specials
Our approach is completely flexible to commissioners’ needs. In contracts where special equipment is a high priority for commissioners, we employ dedicated technical and clinical staff to deliver maximum benefits. In others, our approach is more of a supporting role.